16 June 2015
18 June 2015
18 July 2015
28 August 2015
Form 1 Entrance Exams
Welcome to St. Dominics Chishawasha School
1894, following the Jesuit Fathers’ concern for education for boys, the Dominican felt inclined to assist in the education of girls.In 1898 saw the beginning of the establishment of a Dominican Sisters’ convent and School for Girls.1899 marked the beginning of the first academic year where students were taught reading and writing arithmetic, English and some practical work. In 1915, the girls got a new school building to replace a thatched shed. By this time, the attendance was 150 girls and by 1917 it had risen to 200 girls.However, in 1967 Chishawasha Girls’ Secondary School was established, headed by Fr. Cogger, with an enrolment of 65 girls and 3 teachers.
The bell rings in the morning at 7:30 to start the learning routine. The school day ends at 5.00pm and all children are promptly released for boarding routine or for home if they are day scholars. Evening time is reserved for academic prep or homework time and then off to bed afterwards.
St Dominics Chishawasha aims to inculcate Christian and moral values through religious instruction, guided by the Dominican Moto “VERITAS" .To promote instruction of academic, and practical subjects. To expose students to a variety of sustainable co-curricular activities. To efficiently foster proper administration and sound management practices through team spirit.